cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 540s Е8 Available Reserved Space

alexander777
New Contributor

Hello!

My windows 7 x64 bit gave an error about my disk. Diagnostics s.m.a.r.t status bad with error Е8 Available Reserved Space with values 0 9 10. I used the ssd optimizer in Intel SSD Toolbox but the error remained. I add the logs of my ssd disk.

I will be grateful for the help.

13 REPLIES 13

The memory and storage tool download page says ( by omission) that W7 is not supported.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30380?v=t

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

Yes, I see that the program does not support Win 7.

I'm talking about maybe it's worth trying to update the ssd software using this program installed on Win 10?

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Alexander777.

My apologies, I mentioned the Intel Memory and Storage Tool as an option to replace Intel SSD Tool since it works as its direct replacement, and since it is not validated for Windows 7, it was just in case you wanted to try to use it, but not to perform the firmware update.

Regarding the firmware, the current firmware version of your SSD can only be updated using the first method I mentioned, the Intel Firmware Update Tool; this tool is not OS-dependent because you will be booting from the USB key where you install it. It is a bit more time-consuming, but it should work fine and it is just a matter of following the steps in the article (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056193/memory-and-storage.html).

If you have any questions, please let me know, I will follow up on April 19th or we can schedule a different date in case additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Hello, 

I will try to update the firmware again. If I have any questions, I will write to you.

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Alexander777.

Perfect, I will keep the ticket open and follow up on April 22nd just to make sure it stays active.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician