cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 530 startup problems - Bug in SSD?

ajoha7
New Contributor II

I just bought an Intel SSD 530 240GB to replace my Intel SSD510 for my HP Elitebook 8460p.

When i cold-start my computer everything is fine, but when I restart my computer from within a freshly installed windows-7, the drive is not found.

If i turn off the computer and start it again, the drive is found and boots up again as usual. So the drive fails after reset.

I have upgraded the firmware of the SSD to the latest version via the SSD toolbox but still no luck. also updated laptop bios to latest version.

I had no problems in the past with the Intel SSD 510 edition.

Any ideas on what to do?

Clarification:

So, when I insert my Intel 510 SSD and start windows and restart windows it works without problem. But with the Intel 530 it wails when I do restart, the BIOS does not find it after a normal reset. So that must conclude that the Intel SSD 530 has some bug? or is sensitive to some timing issue?

Should I return it? or just assume its incompatible with my laptop?

Message was edited by: andy johansson (added some clarification at the end)

216 REPLIES 216

SChaa
New Contributor II

Good morning!

i'm from Tunisia and i need some help, please. (Don't find support here) for a Intel product (Intel SSD 530 Serie 240Go)

When i cold-start my computer or I restart it from within a freshly installed windows-7 (I try also Win 10), the drive is not found, (the ssd not detected by the Bios)

If i turn off the computer and start it again, the drive is found and boots up again as usual. So the drive fails after reset.

Sometime, and without cause the pc freeze (5-10 second).

I have upgraded the firmware of the SSD to the latest version via the SSD toolbox but still no luck.

Configuration:

Os: Win7 64bit sp1 (More problemes with win 10, "catastrophic result")

Intel SSD 530 Serie 240Go (M) (Latest pilot with Intel drive update utility/ and Intel solid state drive toolbox)

Mother board: ASUS z170 GAMING/ Aura.

Chipset: Intel 100 Serie/C230 Chipset family sata AHCI controller.

Processor: Intel CORE I7-6700 CPU.

GPU: Asus strix GTX 1070.

Bios latest version update from the official site Asus (Asus support said that the are no probléme of compatibilitie between this new génération of mother board and the intel SSD).

Any ideas on what to do? thank you...(Sorry for my spelling mistakes)

SJade
New Contributor

I Found my all windows Problem solution at on Place Windows Suite