cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Series 600p Compatibility question.

MMati2
New Contributor

Hello.

Im interested in buying Intel Series 600p 256 gb SSD M.2 SATA 3 6Gb/s, 1570/540 MB/s Now, before buying I would like to know if it's compatible with my laptop.I have Acer Predator 17 G9-791 (Intel i7 6700HQ, Nvidia GTX 980m 4gb DDR5, 2x 8gb Crucial DDR4 ram) I got him with pretty slow lite-on ssd and I want to upgrade it to Intel.Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Mat.Vinter89,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel® SSD 600p Series.I reviewed the product specifications made available by Acer® for your laptop model, but was unable to find the information we would need to know if it supports M.2 NVMe* storage drives. We have a list of http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/solid-state-drives/consumer-ssds/000022677.html supported motherboards, but not of supported laptop systems, yet.Our best recommendation in this case would be to check with your computer manufacturer to see if your M.2 port supports NVMe*, since it's possible that your system may only support SATA drives.The Intel® SSD 600p Series uses M.2 NVMe* (Gen) 3.0 x4 (Lanes). While it's possible to use the drive on an older generation port, it will perform at a lower speed to match.Best regards,Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Mat.Vinter89,

We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you.Please let us know if there's anything else we may help you with.Best regards,Carlos A.