cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 SSDPEDMW400G4 Not Detected When RAM Not Running in SPD

JJonC1
New Contributor

When I try to run my DDR4 at the rated/tested speed of 3200 the motherboard no longer sees my PCIe SSD (only drive I have installed and has Windows 10 on it). It's the same when I try XMP or manually setting the timings and voltage to 1.35. Everything works fine if the RAM runs at standard stock speed of 2133.

I have the following:

• MSI Z170A SLI PLUS latest bios 1.40
  • Intel 750 Series 400GB PCIe SSD Part Number SSDPEDMW400G4 - I just updated it to the latest firmware as well
  • G.Skill TridentZ 3200 16 GB Part Number F4-3200C14D-16GTZ (G.Skill site lists this board as compatible)
  • Intel i7 6700k
  • Nvida GTX 680 x2 (SLI)

Everything is running stock, I'm just trying to run RAM at rated speeds. I also tested OC genie and was able to get 4.4 easily. I ran Prime 95 and HCI Memtest for 12+ hours stock. If I try any other RAM speed that's not 2133, the bios fails to see the PCIe SSD. However, when it goes back to stock it sees it just fine.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

icsmurfs,

About this situation with your SSD and RAM, we would like to suggest a few steps:-Could you please try removing one of the video cards and overclock the RAM and test?-Once you have one video card out, please try the SSD in different ports.

We checked there is an utility in the MSI* website, the utility is http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/msi_ramdisk.zip RAM Disk, you may want to try it as well.

We will be waiting for your response, please keep in mind we recommend to contact MSI* about any change on BIOS as we do know the SSD works fine.

JJonC1
New Contributor

Hello,

MSI sent me a beta bios version 1.61 which I applied and it resolved the issue. XMP is enabled and motherboard still able to detect the Intel 750 SSD.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

icsmurfs,

We are very glad to know the situation was fixed with this beta BIOS version. We will close the case, but remember that in case you need further assistance we are here to help.