cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 535 - SSDSCKGW256H6 - DevSlp and Write Amplification issues

Knosys
New Contributor

I installed 130 of these drives starting in April of this year. In the last 2 weeks, I've had 5 fail. Random shutdowns, system reboots, power cycles, etc.

After researching this here and other places, I see that I probably have the 2 issues I listed in the Subject Line of this post.

The issue is that the firmware that I am running is BG21 -- and when I try to apply literally *any* fix, I get the message that 'The selected Intel SSD contains current firmware as of this tool release'. I tried to input the serial number into the warranty status page, and was told it is an invalid product.

I had one of my senior consultants do a chat with an Intel rep today, and he was informed that the serial numbers of my drives indicate they were manufactured for Dell. I had him spend several hours on the phone with our Partner Direct support team and Dell has no part number or record of ever using this particular model Intel SSD. According to a document I found on Intel's site in the UK, this particular part number is listed as a European B2C model.

Attached is a pic of the Crystal Disk info for one of the drives. After being powered on for less than 30 days, it shows that over 12TB of NAND writes have been performed.

These are Intel MLC SSD's. This shouldn't be happening. Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, @Knosys.

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

I checked your ticket regarding the drives part of the Intel 535 Series, I will be glad to assist you.

Please generate the SMART report using the Intel Memory and Storage Tool, the information can be exported as an Excel document and then attached to this ticket, if you can get this information from two of them that would be better.

Download: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29704?v=t

Additionally, I would like to know the following: 

- What type of usage/workload is being assigned to this unit(s)?

- In what type of system are they installed?

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A contingent Worker at Intel

Hello, @Knosys.

Good day,

This message is to follow up on your ticket to check if you received me previous message.

If you require further assistance, please let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Hello, @Knosys.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to your Intel® SSD 535 Series, and we have not heard back from you in a while, so we will proceed to close this inquiry now.

If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®