cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dualport ssd D3600 in pcie 3x4 port

Ironclad17
New Contributor

Is anyone familiar with how dualport ssds behave when connected to single device? I'm unclear if it will operate at full pcie 3x4 or if it's limited to pcie 3x2 with a single connection. I've also read that if the dual port sense pin doesn't receive a signal it will operate in single port mode at full 3x4.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Ironclad17.

Thank you for waiting.

I confirmed that when the dual-port SSD is connected to a single port device, the drive will simply work as a regular single port SSD, which will be as a single port PCIe 3.0 x4.

If you have other questions, please let me know, I will follow up on May 6th or let me know if you would like additional time.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DeividA_Intel
New Contributor

Hello Ironclad17,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

We would like to inform you that we have a forum for these specific issues and products, so we are moving it to the "SSDs & Memory, Solid State Drives" forum so you can get better support for this matter.  

- https://community.intel.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives/bd-p/solid-state-drives

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Ironclad17.

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your thread regarding the D3600 dual-port capabilities, I will be glad to assist you.

Please allow me to review this and I will contact you back as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Ironclad17.

Thank you for waiting.

I confirmed that when the dual-port SSD is connected to a single port device, the drive will simply work as a regular single port SSD, which will be as a single port PCIe 3.0 x4.

If you have other questions, please let me know, I will follow up on May 6th or let me know if you would like additional time.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Thank you so much for the clarification.