cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M G2 Update failed, reboot, says firmware already updated

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I tried to update the FW and it failed, saying I should boot up in legacy IDE mode (I'm using ahci). I rebooted in IDE mode, and then when it came to updating the firmware, it said the firmware was already updated. Anyone else have this problem?

42 REPLIES 42

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

dnatek wrote:

Interesting. I was focusing on the part which said:

"For best compatibility, configure the BIOS SATA port mode to the "Legacy" or "Compatibility" mode to perform the firmware upgrade"

It seems as if people are having much better luck if they switch over to IDE (at least based on this thread). Is there any reason to leave it in AHCI other than it's easier?

Not for me. The flash program only worked after setting the Intel SATA controller to AHCI mode. Look here:

/thread/8921?tstart=0 http://communities.intel.com/thread/8921?tstart=0

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Anyone got some reply from Intel support yet regarding this issue?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I also had the same issue for firmware update and checked my SSD with old intel optimizer toolbox. No error and it indicates "02HD"

For manual trim with intel toolbox. it is working! It seems that FW is updated correctly.

Good luck!

MJohn29
New Contributor

I had the same issue. Re-ran the updater and it says it is up-to-date. I was using AHCI mode.

Also, I reformatted again (Windows 7 x64), installed all the latest patches, drivers, etc. Using the default Microsoft AHCI driver. Ran the Windows Experience Index. Then checked and defrag is still ON and scheduled for my drive. None of the SSD optimizations are in effect. Not sure if the Intel SSDs are the problem or if Windows 7 is the problem. Very annoying.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I had the same problem as well with a Gigabyte motherboard. I suspect that the installer is still not working correctly on some machines. At least it didn't brick our drives. I too would like something official from intel saying everything is ok, or some further instructions. Typing this command: fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify seems to indicate Trim is activated. Everything seems to be functional.

For the guy that just posted above this one:

1. Defrag scheduling has always been on in Windows, but try defragging the drive, you can't.

2. Optimizations were never part of the firmware. They are Windows environment specific.