cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 80GB low 4k read

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all,

I've been testing my new system that has an Intel X25-M 80 gb and I seem to be getting a lower 4k read value than most benchmarks I see, usally around 19/20 MB/s while mine is 14MB/s.

This is on a fresh windows 7 x64 instalation, asus p7p55d motherboard and a I5-750 cpu. Sata option in BIOS with AHCI when installing windows.

- system restore off

- index off

- hibernation off

I've read all the related threads here and more and still no solution.. any ideas?

thanks in advance

72 REPLIES 72

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

which version of windows 7 are you using?

I'm using windows 7 ultimate and in the link I posted it says:

"The 100MB system reserved partition is only available for Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Business and Windows 7 Enterprise editions."

edit: nevertheless, like I said in the previous post, in my 2nd instalation I had only 1 partition and the results were identical

Message was edited by: lmsilva

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I already told him to disconnect the other drives and reinstall Windows 7 with BIOS set to AHCI, which is what he must have done since he uses the msahci driver. Now, there is that 100 MB partition that I don't understand--I don't have it and he says Windows 7 put it there. I don't think he should have that 100 MB Reserved Primary Partition after installing Windows 7.

By the way, I have also got a score of 414 with AS SSD, the scores do vary a bit--so don't get too excited.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ahh, now I understand. I have Windows 7 Home Edition x64.

Well, then it could be what he says about your motherboard, if he confirms that is the issue. You could try contacting Intel and see what they say.

Message was edited by: ambizytl

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

yeah, if he confirms that his last screenshot was not made using the Gigabyte GA-55A-UD4, it seems that all comes down to the Intel P55 motherboard..

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

duplicate post..

Message was edited by: lmsilva