cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 160GB crashing Windows 7 Ult 64 - Please Help

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My Intel X25-M 160GB SSD has been working great for a long time. In the last few weeks my PC has been crashing and I've been seeing the windows blue screen of death and my event log is full of errors related to the drive. Also the SSD Toolbox no longer recognizes my drive as a drive it supports. I can load the toolbox but cannot use any of the options

I never run defrag, superfetch is disabled.

If I try to install the intel rapid storage technology drivers I get.

"The program can't start because LZ32.dll is missing from your computer"

If I try to use the http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm?iid=dc_iduu Intel® Driver Update Utility I get the blue screen of death.

Here are some of the errors from my event logs, there are tons of each of these in a 24 hour period.

Log Name: System

Source: DiskDate: 2/27/2011 9:48:32 AMEvent ID: 7Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: Chris-PCDescription:The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: NtfsDate: 2/27/2011 10:27:46 AMEvent ID: 55Task Category: (2)Level: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: Chris-PCDescription:The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume Windows 7.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: nvstor64Date: 2/27/2011 9:48:32 AMEvent ID: 3Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: Chris-PCDescription:Data error on device. Device: \Device\RaidPort0 Model: INTEL SSDSA2M160G2GC Firmware Version: 2CV1 Serial Number: CVPO94200216160AGN Port: 0
1 REPLY 1

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Can you get the SMART value from the drive?

If you can't boot on the drive, can you plug it into another computer to check?