cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trim on raid 0 with x79?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Various tech sites such as Anandtech have an article up about the fact that with the newest RST software that Raid 0 and trim is supported.

Is this available for X79? The X79 of course uses RSTe which has a different version number to the normal RST and the articles do not mention anything about X79 at all

74 REPLIES 74

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

do not mod an x79 bios with an 11 series orom. it's been tried, and nothing good became of it. we wait...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Copy-pasted from my post at overclock.net --->

I just received a good news for everyone!

"11.6.0.1702 RAID OROM does support TRIM on RAID-0 (Cougar Point and Panther Point). 11.6.0.1030 IRST driver does NOT support TRIM on RAID-0.

^

I know there are lots of confusing information regarding TRIM on older chipsets, but, I will wait for the release of new IRST driver to prove my source of information if he is credible.

What I'm saying is that the TRIM on RAID-array support on older chipset are disabled on the IRST driver, unless someone knowledgeable enough to mod the driver to work on 5 or 6-series chipset".

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

this thread is focused on the x79 platform, if i'm not mistaken, so not sure where you are going re your post. we need the 3 series orom, or whatever numeration of orom/driver intel may release, to enable trim on our x79 systems. the ll series orom you mentioned will not work on the x79 platform...you may want to start your own thread re the p67, or other platforms you are concerned about...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

"Copy-pasted from my post at overclock.net --->

I just received a good news for everyone!

"11.6.0.1702 RAID OROM does support TRIM on RAID-0 (Cougar Point and Panther Point). 11.6.0.1030 IRST driver does NOT support TRIM on RAID-0."

The King is dead, long live the King!

Good news, RAID 0 is not supported in TRIM!

Good news, IRST is not supported in RSTe!

The real good news is, we know better! 

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

???