cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRIM is not active without optimizer

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Appreciate any corrections to the following:

Per Intel, "The Intel SSD Optimizer is the tool that implements Trim functionality."

And, since SSD Optimizer is part of the Intel SSD Toolbox, those of us with new G2 SSDs cannot utilize TRIM until the SSD Toolbox download is available.
53 REPLIES 53

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I dont see a tab for Storage Controllers, but I do see under Drives - SSD - Driver Details - Shows C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\disk.sys and patmgr.sys

I can see the acpi.sys driver in this Windows Driver folder. How can I change this?

DZand
Contributor III

ckett schrieb:

I dont see a tab for Storage Controllers, but I do see under Drives - SSD - Driver Details - Shows C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\disk.sys and patmgr.sys

I can see the acpi.sys driver in this Windows Driver folder. How can I change this?

No, these are not the storage drivers.

If you don't have a "Storage Controllers" section within the Device Manager, you will find the Controllers, which are managing your hdd/SSD within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section.

Search for the drivers of the listed Controllers. PCIIDE.SYS is the name of the generic MS IDE driver and MSAHCI.SYS is the name of the generic MS AHCI driver. Both drivers do fully support the Trim command.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Double-click your AHCI Serial ATA controller, click Driver, click Driver details and you should see msahci.sys listed--if you have the default AHCI driver installed by Windows.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Running Windows 7 64-bit on Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard using Sata Port 1 for Boot SSD. I had similar boot problems too. Read somewhere that the bootup SSD should occupy Sata port 0, so I swapped from Sata 1 to Sata 0 and problem solved. Try swapping your Boot SSD to Sata port 0, Then in CMOS Setup>Advanced Bios >Hard Disk Boot Priority: set SSD as first drive. Next, in CMOS Setup>Intergrated Periperals: Sata/Raid AHCI Mode: ACHI SATA AHCI Mode: ACHI Sata Port 0-3 Native Mode: Enabled Sata/IDE Device should be Enable Good Luck! My CrystalDiskInfo Intel X-25 firmware 2CV102GP showed no Trim support, new firmware 2CV102HD shows TRIM supported. Using Microsoft msachi.sys driver I'm satisfied TRIM is working. 1st Run CrystalDiskMark 3.0 x64 Beta1 Read [MB/s] Write [MB/s] Seq 260.70 87.41 512K 201.50 87.32 4K 20.11 48.91 4K QD32 159.20 86.69 2nd Run after 56GB of data added to Drive ------------------------------------------ Read [MB/s] Write [MB/s] Seq 262.20 87.53 512K 202.00 87.62 4K 20.21 48.73 4K QD32 159.10 86.78

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Holy mother enchilada!

I finally got AHCI mode to work.

Thanks SIDG for the input. This was the magic setup. The Intel G2 is operating under the Windows msahci.sys controller.

Excellent!