cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRIM is not active without optimizer

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Appreciate any corrections to the following:

Per Intel, "The Intel SSD Optimizer is the tool that implements Trim functionality."

And, since SSD Optimizer is part of the Intel SSD Toolbox, those of us with new G2 SSDs cannot utilize TRIM until the SSD Toolbox download is available.
53 REPLIES 53

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Have you updates your BIOS to the latest version?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes,

The Gigabyte has the latest BIOS. It will post with the SSD unplugged.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ckett,

If you were able to install win7 on the SSD, then after the installation it will not post suggest to me that you have a driver conflict.

Which drivers were installed after win7 completed the installation. Did you use Intels? Or did you use the default Microsoft drivers? Also, how did you install win7 the first time? Did you install with AHCI enabled or did you install with IDE enabled?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am pretty sure I installed with AHCI enabled. I may try to do all of this over again to better track what is working and what is not. It is my understaing that if you enable AHCI in the BIOS before installing Win7 that Win7 will default to using the Microsoft AHCI driver. However, when I boot up my computer the screen before Windows loads shows Intel AHCI in the title. How do I know for sure that the Windows AHCI driver is the one to be used?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Go to Device manager, storage controllers, double click the one which controls your SSD, go to driver tab, click driver details. If the driver listed is msahci.sys, then you're using the default microsoft ahci driver.