cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The intel toolbox can't run optimizer

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a x25-v ssd and installed it with win7. I have installed the toolbox but it can't run optimizer. Does anybody know it?

66 REPLIES 66

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Its likely down to you having installed the Marvell driver that may not yet support TRIM uninstall this and use MS AHCI driver.

But your better off on the Intel SATA II ports for the SSD as you wouldn't get better performance by using a SATA 3 port anyway it only just max out SATA II ports as it is.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I don't think it's a driver issue since the toolbox runs all other functions but the optimizer and as I said the optimizer works fine on the 120gb drive using the same motherboard and port. I might just use the SATA II point permanantly, I was mainly using the SATA III port as a place holder for when Intel eventually releases Sata 3 drives.

On another point, do we need to run optimizer regularly if we are using Windows 7 with TRIM enabled?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

If you can't run optimizer TRIM can't work optimizer works by using TRIM.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Same here. I'm running 80GB X25-M just 2 months old on a new Intel DP55KG motherboard. The wierd part is it did run before then just stopped. My log says last run on 11/3/10. Heck, if I wasn't going to run TRIM, I would put these in a RAID 0 config.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just wish the toolbox can tell us why we can't run the optimizer...