cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The intel toolbox can't run optimizer

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a x25-v ssd and installed it with win7. I have installed the toolbox but it can't run optimizer. Does anybody know it?

66 REPLIES 66

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you install the new version of the toolbox. Seems the new version can notify more details but it still can't tell me what reason is of my PC.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Time has passed - we have new firmware.

Uninstalled the old 1.3 toolbox > installed 2.01 just to see if works now > still won't work - says I have a raid configuration which is not true all I have is what I had then a seagate 2 tb.

So uninstalled 2.01 > went back to 1.3 and it does run the optimizer - and fast.

I still don't have a clue why the earlier toolbox works and the newer one does not.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I wouldn't expect to understand why it doesn't work, as that is likely due to implementation details in the program's code and low level hardware details that we are ignorant of, unless you are a chipset firmware programmer, I can't say that I am.

OTOH, that your Asus M4AGTDPROUSB3 mother board, that uses AMD CPUs and has a (nice) AMD Southbridge chipset, worked with the Toolbox at all is IMO a miracle. Simply because of the differences in the AMD and Intel chipsets. As the Toolbox releases progressed, the changes made to it's code caused it to stop working with the AMD chipset. From the message you received about a RAID array, the Toolbox is clearly confused, probably due to different programming protocols between your AMD chipset and the Toolbox. But then, who knows?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks parsec. Your summary does sound about right. The previous 1.3 Toolbox is still working and I guess I'll just have to hope that future ones work as well.

I appreciate your time.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You are welcome mangel, and although I would imagine Intel would prefer to have their products function on all platforms, there are just realities that stop that from happening. In the case of Intel's SSDs and the Toolbox, the failure of the Toolbox to function on some platforms is an issue they likely are frustrated and unhappy about, since the SSD owner is less than satisfied.

I wonder if there is a copyright infringement, etc, that Intel would be violating if they programmed the Toolbox to work with the AMD chipset, or royalties to pay? Then again, I may be completely wrong in my evaluation of the situation, on what I've just said, and regarding the chipset and Toolbox incompatibility. Don't ya hate it when you reach the limits of your knowledge and things remain a mystery.