cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a SSD drive with ISRT and OS on same drive

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

So I am going to be building a new system with a Z68 motherboard, along with an Intel 510 SSD 120 gb drive. I am planning on partitioning the SSD into two drives, one for the max 64 gb ISRT cache, and the other with the rest of the space for the win7 prof 64 bit OS drive.

So my question is if the splitting of the SSD is possible like I mentioned?

and next, what should I pick for a data/app drive? I am not sure whether to go with my usual 2 drive raid-0 setup, or simply get one drive since I will be using ISRT. Any suggestions?

Due to not getting answers on the motherboard forum, I thought I would give here a shot too.

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The SRT actually only allows up to 64GB to be utlized for caching anyways so it will do what you want fine. I do believe that you will be required to create two partitions before hand. Just be sure to set the Intel storage controller to RAID mode.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for the information.

I have one more question though. I have looked through the setup of SRT, and I have only seen 20gb and 64 gb setup choices. If I Partition this 120 sb ssd as 50 gb and 70 gb, will SRT have a problem with the 50 gb size?