cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new firmware released 02HD - experiences so far?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hey all,

so a couple of minutes ago intel released the new firmware. we could collect our experiences right here.

who did already perform the upgrade? who wants to be the first? XD

regards,

xout

77 REPLIES 77

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have an Intel X25-M G2 Postville with 160 GB and successfully upgraded from 02HA to 02HD, deleted all partitions, clear mbr and i formatted the ssd. the drive is working, but the smart error is still there. i tested this the old intel ssd toolbox, run fast diagnostic scan with no errors. the full diagnostic scan notify me some errors. now i think i have to send it back to my reseller.

smart error notify:

Fehlermeldung 

ID: B8Description: End to End Error Detection CountRaw: 2Normalized: 98Threshold: 99Recommended Action: Contact your reseller or local Intel representative for assistance.

After 60 minutes of working windows notify me about an system error (smart erros) with eventid 1.

-System

-Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnostic[ Guid]{E670A5A2-CE74-4AB4-9347-61B815319F4C}EventID1Version0Level1Task0Opcode0Keywords0x8000000000000000</td...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

For reference, these are my scores after the upgrade. I have an intel x-25m g2 80gb running with Win 7 32bit. The SSD is mainly a boot drive for me.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am quite happy with the upgrade so far. Write speeds have increased considerably. Read remains high as always.

Stability seems perfect so far.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ssduser123, which smart error do you have? Is it the end to end error?

Ceejay, did you have end to end errors before updating the firmware that were gone afterwards?

I have end to end errors on my SSD and want to know if this firmware update will "fix" them. In the 3 or so weeks that I've seen the errors reported (after upgrading to a motherboard supporting AHCI), the raw value of the end to end errors hasn't changed. I'm hoping this firmware can fix it so I don't have to try to RMA the drive.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I upgraded the firmware without incident, but unfortunately the end to end errors are still there. The raw value didn't change. Should I contact Intel about an RMA? Windows 7 and ActiveSmart keep warning me about it.

Another question: how can I tell if my system uses msahci.sys for my SSD? Here's a screenshot of my device manager. I see msahci.sys under my SATA controller but it isn't listed in the driver details of the SSD. Is that to be expected?