cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new firmware released 02HD - experiences so far?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hey all,

so a couple of minutes ago intel released the new firmware. we could collect our experiences right here.

who did already perform the upgrade? who wants to be the first? XD

regards,

xout

77 REPLIES 77

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just updated my Win 7 x64 with 02HD. No problems so far. How do I know if TRIM is working with my Win 7? Also, we are still waiting got the new SSD toolbox version correct?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I think you should not have a problem to do that manouver, I mean your system should work if you set back your settings before you start your OS.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

he Intel X25-M Firmware update successful for my 160GB G2 SSD. I originally had my SATA BIOS set to RAID (the X25-M SSD runs as a non-RAID device and I have two other WD 1TB 7200RPM HDDs are in RAID0 - which is why I need to boot with BIOS SATA set to RAID). before updating the firmware by booting up from the firmware update CD, I changed the BIOS SATA setting to ACHI, booted off the firmware CD, it made me scroll through the multi-page readme and agree to take my first boon son, it then found the SSD, successfully upgraded its firmware, I removed the CD, shutdown, waited 10 seconds as it instructed, rebooted, put the SATA back into RAID mode in the BIOS (to reenable the pair of HDDs in RAID0) and...... no BootManager. It disabled my boot manager (BootIt NG) which was easily fixed by going back into the boot manager and reenabing it as well as resetting BootIt to fix the pointer to my old VISTA drive that is sitting on the HDD RAID0 partition. I then re-booted and it launched BootIt and I was then able to successfully boot both Win 7 Ultimate 64 and Vista 64. Windows automatically reinstalled the drivers for the SSD after reboot and I had to do one more reboot.

Whew!

Regards,

Mike

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You`re cool mate! I knew you can do this.

Thank you to share your experience with us.

Message was edited by: Dverez

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I decided to take the plunge and upgraded, so far so good.

I am running Windows 7 x64.