cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new firmware released 02HD - experiences so far?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hey all,

so a couple of minutes ago intel released the new firmware. we could collect our experiences right here.

who did already perform the upgrade? who wants to be the first? XD

regards,

xout

77 REPLIES 77

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I would stay away from AS SSD. I found that it created a 1 GB hidden file on my HD with the data it uses for benchmarking, which didn't delete itself, and doubled in size every time I ran it. Crystal Disk works much better and I found the results to be comparable.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hidden file? Where was this "hidden file"?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

All updated fine despite some strange error messages when booting from the CD ('Can't read boot partition XXXX' or something similar). This caused me to ditch two CD's thinking they had burnt incorrectly. On the third I just waited and the utility ran fine.

Upgraded from 02G9 to 02HD. Afterwards, when Windows 7 ran for the first time a new ATA driver was loaded. Message was a restart was required.

Have restarted and everything is fine. No SMART end-to-end errors when I checked 🙂

DZand
Contributor III

It seems to me, that my 2x160 GB SSD RAID0 system has lost a little bit of its performance after having flashed the 02HD firmware. The benchmark results were much better with the last Trim firmware 02HA.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

What were your before after seq R/W stats?