cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new firmware released 02HD - experiences so far?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hey all,

so a couple of minutes ago intel released the new firmware. we could collect our experiences right here.

who did already perform the upgrade? who wants to be the first? XD

regards,

xout

77 REPLIES 77

WWong10
New Contributor II

Hi ivas2009,

I am experiencing the same problems as you. I upgraded the firmware on a fresh drive and installed OSX, bootcamp and then Windows 7. Are you saying that if I downgrade the firmware I will see an increase in speed?

System Specs: 13.3" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz (Mid-2009 Model)

Take a look at my crystaldiskbench results.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The update went good for me. It's on a new build, so I flashed the SSD before installing anything. I'm running XP Pro and all is speedy and great so far. It seems I'm the only one with XP on my SSD? I haven't read anyone else running it on theirs. I had to go with XP to keep all the older apps at work to run without paying for upgrading them as well.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I was really hoping ....... but got dissapointet again !!!!

After patching to the new FW the drive is SLOWER than before.

Even worse for me, I cant enter the power safing mode. PC shuts down and gets immediately back to the login screen.

I have to admit that my next PC will not have ANY INTEL part at all. Im totally convinced now in using AMD instead. Just to not waste my money any more.

Thanks Intel for giving me so much pain and useless work + not any support at all.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Post update, things seem the same to me. Everything's nice and speedy.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

All good here using 2 x 160 gb SSD Raid0: