cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new firmware released 02HD - experiences so far?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hey all,

so a couple of minutes ago intel released the new firmware. we could collect our experiences right here.

who did already perform the upgrade? who wants to be the first? XD

regards,

xout

77 REPLIES 77

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Updated firmware from 02HA (working) to 02HD (working), Windows 7 x64 system. AHCI mode was active during update. No issues, everything working smoothly - except for the SMART E1 "Host Writes" attribute, which still displays way too high a value.

Using Microsoft drivers now (msahci.sys) to enable TRIM. Intel rapid storage tech beta drivers (iastor.sys version 9.5) also worked, but are reported to not support TRIM at this point. If you set up a RAID, give them a try though - you won't get TRIM anyway any time soon and the rapid storage drivers appearently deliver superior performance in RAID environments.

I'd be interested to hear if those with bricked 02HA drives were able to get them working again after flashing the 02HD firmware.

Note: The SSD Toolbox is still held back because there is an unresolved issue with the system recovery feature of Windows Vista/7 (all backups are rendered useless after manually TRIMming the drive). Probably Intel wants to fix this before re-releasing the Toolbox to customers. If you're using Windows 7, just use the Microsoft driver and never mind about manual TRIM passes.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi there. Add one more to the list . Laptop is Gateway M-6809m (no special options available for tweaking under BIOS).

Updated straight from 02G9 to 02HD. No trouble so far. Let me know if there's anything else I could specify to help. Thanks for your time!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hi, i'm happy with the performance but am concerned with the 4k write speeds? looking at a few others write speeds, mine seems way too low

should i be worried? or is there something i have to set to gain better write speeds?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hey all,

False alarm, in the device manager i enabled write caching and this is the results i came up with. Very happy with these results. Also these are raid 0 160gig drives.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My results

ia have INTEL SS SA2M080 80GB