cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRST 11.6 is bugged!

MSmit17
New Contributor

Don't you test your software before release it?

The 11.6 interface can't be opened, debug errors shows. All this under windows 7 ultimate 32 bits. Tested on two different pc's.

67 REPLIES 67

J280
New Contributor

You're quite right Parsec, I am unable access the IRST OPTION ROM information through the GUI at present.

However, I can use CTRL-I at start-up to enter the RAID utlilty and find it that way instead.

My OPTION ROM version is 11.6.0.1702

My motherboard also has the latest BIOS installed.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Lucky you, FWIW, you have the new OROM, which seems to not help at all! I was wondering about that, if it mattered. I forgot about the OROM version being listed in the... OROM display, Doh!

Well, tried the ASMedia SATA controller enabled with a drive connected, and... no IRST GUI, same error as I had previously. At least the OROM works in this configuration.

I looked through the release notes of IRST 11.7.0.1013, and I don't think I saw anything related to our issue, so no attempted fix for this apparently. I wonder if someone with an Intel made Z77 board has this issue too.

MSmit17
New Contributor

I dont expect anything from Intel they don't take any responsability about their software, but ASUS now? come on!

J280
New Contributor

Intel did get back to me about this problem and gave me some basic advice on how to get it running properly, all of which I had done in the first place.

The representative from Intel was helpful and polite, but unfortunately could not resolve this issue for me.

Eventually I was informed that it will be passed on to a higher level, I quote...

"At this point all we can do for now is let our software support and engineering group know about this issue. We cannot provide an estimated time for this to happen, but your issue for sure is important and will be forwarded to higher levels of support."

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

That response is reasonable IMO, as who knows what goes on behind the scenes. As long as it is passed on to the engineering group, that is a start.

If this issue could be solved by a simple configuration fix, we likely would have found it by now. This issue started with IRST 11.6, and if you check the release notes, you'll see there is quite a bit going on.