cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRST 11.6 is bugged!

MSmit17
New Contributor

Don't you test your software before release it?

The 11.6 interface can't be opened, debug errors shows. All this under windows 7 ultimate 32 bits. Tested on two different pc's.

67 REPLIES 67

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

This is from the Release Notes for IRST 11.6.0.1030:

Microsoft* .NET Framework 3.0, 3.5, or 4.5 is required to be installed on the system in order for the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology User Interface to install. Note that not all Microsoft* Operating Systems have .NET 3.0, 3.5, or 4.5 installed by default. Refer to the Microsoft* website for details.

I had to get the 4.5 version from Microsoft, as I did not have it. Apparently the 4.0 version will not work. Notice that it states .NET Framework must be installed before IRST 11.6, or the UI will not be installed.

In my case, with .NET Framework 4.5 installed first, and 9.3.1021 chipset files, and the 11.6.0.1030 "F6" driver used when I installed Windows 7, and the other SATA chipset disabled, the UI works for me. What can I say?

MSmit17
New Contributor

I installed framework 4.5

then installed latest IRST drivers

im getting the same error.

What can i say? lol maybe intel wants me to buy windows 8....which i wont yet.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm not using Windows 8, so that is not a factor.

Sorry to say, but are you absolutely sure you have the Marvell SATA chipset disabled in your BIOS/UEFI? It must be set to Disabled, even if no drives are connected to it. Disabling the extra chipset is what made the difference between the GUI running and not running on my board.

MSmit17
New Contributor

No, but you are disabling chipsets and that's not normal.

100% sure i wish i could post a Bios shot.

MSmit17
New Contributor

my pc is using raid 0 intel rapid response using a SSD as cache, none of the 11.XX IRST works.