cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRST 11.6 is bugged!

MSmit17
New Contributor

Don't you test your software before release it?

The 11.6 interface can't be opened, debug errors shows. All this under windows 7 ultimate 32 bits. Tested on two different pc's.

67 REPLIES 67

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes we all know about the disclaimer and contact your system manufacturer (which would be me) unless you mean the Motherboard manufacturer to which they list 10.6.0.1002 for P55 yet works fine on 10.8.0.1003 and as for the P965 the manufacturer of the Motherboard lists 7.5.0.1017 yet works fine with 11.6.0.1030.

This problem could likely happen on the newest Intel chipset to which Motherboard manufacturer will expect the newest drivers from Intel to work and if it doesn't it will get fixed. Now the drivers in 11.6.0.1030 seem to work because if they didn't my system would have crashed so it just the RST application not working which maybe a indirect result of the drivers in how the RST application runs and loads like in the registry for iaStorF under Enum where it lists my two RAID's and two HDD and ODD yet why should it list the HDD and ODD when they are not even on Intel ports? Maybe thats the problem?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Peter, that might be due to Windows having some control over the registry, although I agree that is odd.

Although I'm not using an Intel mother board, I am using a Z77 board, and this driver is listed for Intel's Z77 boards. The Release Notes states it needs MS .NET Framework 3.0, 3.5, or 4.5 installed when you install this version of IRST. To quote " in order for the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology User Interface to install." I had 4.0, so installed an earlier version of IRST, installed .NET Framework 4.5, and installed 11.6.0.1030 again. Same result, the Window GUI fails. It obviously installs (partially?), but the Windows hidden Icon for IRST shows it endlessly in the "starting" state, and the entry in Control Panel to start the GUI also fails the same way. Perhaps a confused registry entry is causing this (unrelated to what you noticed Peter... hmm, I wonder...)

My board has a 11.2 Option ROM, although the Release Notes states: "The Intel® Rapid Storage Technology driver and user interface version of this release is 11.6.0.1030 and the RST OROM/UEFI version is 11.6.0.1702". As I said, I don't see how even Intel mother boards have that OROM installed, I was lucky that my boards manufacture updated to a 11.2 OROM.

(No offense IRST developers) It is worth skimming the release notes, if only to see all the "Resolved Issues", as well as issues that remain. I noticed a couple that might be what some people in other manufactures forums are experiencing with their SSDs, for example.

Again no offense, but contacting my "system manufacture" (me... Ok, my mother board manufacture) would result in at best, "use IRST 11.2.0.1006". Yeah but come on, that's what I should do...

MSmit17
New Contributor

Not only it is listed for the Z77 but z68 too.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I posted about this issue in a different forum, and a member posted a picture of a working 11.6.0.1030 Windows GUI. Still waiting to see his detailed system specs, but apparently it does work for some people.

I have my SATA mode set to RAID, with one RAID 0 volume of SSDs, and several other drives connected, but only the one RAID volume. Using the UEFI/BIOS from the manufacture, with no hacked OROMs added. I've used many version of IRST on the affected PC, but this is the first one I've had an issue with. As I said, I've installed it twice with the same result. Did I download again the second time, hmm...

MSmit17
New Contributor

yes, for some people apparently is working however it detects all the HDD as Raid.