cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel X25-M 80gb low 4k read/write speeds

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I use to get 39mb/s write and 14.4 mb/s read using as ssd benchmark on the 4k test. Recently I am scoring 27.50mb/s write and 14mb/s read. What could cause this drop in performance. I am using ahci mode and msahci driver. Thanks

48 REPLIES 48

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I disabled defrag schedule and turned off indexing, prefetch, and Superfetch for the SSD (C:) See my reply to frott re: BIOS setup. No good options there. I have Intel SSD Toolbox, SSD Tweaker (from OCZ forum), CrystalDisk, HD Tune, and AS SSD benchmark all installed. I updated the firmware to the latest on the Intel webite (02HD). My SSD is in port 0, I have a WD Raptor 150GB in port 1, both SATA on an obsolete Intel RAID controller on the MB. I also have a 160GB drive on the IDE controller, but I removed that drive and turned it off in the BIOS prior to installing Win7 on the SSD.

Msinfo says the partition starting offset is 1048576, divisable by 4096.

Thanks, Kurt Simon

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

SATA should not be ON for RAID if you are not doing RAID. You can try SATA OFF or AUTO with installation of msahci driver.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Let us make it simple. You use AS SSD benchmark tool for SSD units. You use HD Tune or Crystal Disk for mechanical drives.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

message deleted because it was replied to wrong person.

Message was edited by: ambizytl

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

message deleted because it was replied to wrong person again!

Message was edited by: ambizytl