cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel X-25 M Really Slow Help Needed

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello guys I am new to SSD drives

basically my write speed on the 80gb x-25 mainstream is really really slow I ran the ssd benchmark

those are my results

I first thought I had so many virsuses so I formatted my pc and whenever I run couple programs and they take too much write speed my system lags so bad thats it just lags and I have to power it off

I have it in my bios on ahci and I have the matrix drivers too and I just dont know what to do my motherboard is

ASUS P5K PREMIUM

http://i43.tinypic.com/2jcj43l.png

-- EDIT 2

I downloaded matrix drivers from asus p5k premium section WRITE SPEEDS ARE NORMAL! however READ speed is now about 130 MB/s instead of 200-250 MB/s

I will update bios if that does not help any suggestions would be apperciated 😃

EDIT 3 :

After bios Update Read Speeds Are Maximum 140 MB/s any way to boost that?

48 REPLIES 48

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi right after format I get same results as in the screenshot above

clean windows 7 installation all I did was get benchmark tool... I dont know what to do anymore

EDIT2:

After Installing matrix once again (on clean win7)

only if I have those 2 enabled in screenshot I will get high write speeds but then read is loosing another 100..

there must be some way of fixing this under matrix

-> SCREEN http://i43.tinypic.com/2w69nir.png http://i43.tinypic.com/2w69nir.png

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You may have acted in haste. First, I wanted to see your results after running the Optimizer even though msahci was installed. You seem more anxious to use the intel driver for some reason. Instead of jumping around, you should have stuck with msahci and we could have investigated other things in your setup, including Device Manager.

iaStor is not needed! I showed you my results with msahci driver and still you go back to what did not work before.

Do you have the Intel SSD Toolbox installed on your computer? My suggestion is go back to msahci driver and stay there while we investigate this issue.

By the way, you shouldn't turn off that Windows write-cache buffer flushing unless you have a battery backup. I have a battery backup and that is why I have that box checked.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Sorry for being newbie and I enabled that flushing write cache because I would get 3MB/s speeds without it and I will try again unisnatlling matrix drivers and then run intel TOOLBOX thanks for your patience I will get back at you soon

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Don't forget to restart your computer after making the switch back to msahci, and make sure your BIOS is set to AHCI. And, make sure Disk Defragmenter is turned off/disabled for your SSD.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Alright here is what I did

Disable Defragmenter

AHCI was set in bios all the time so I did not touc that one

Run Intel ToolBox it PASSED

now this does not make sense to me when I disable write cache on the sequence it goes to 50 MB/s write and 250 MB/s read and then on the 4K 3MB/s write and about 20 Read

and if I enable write cache read is ok but then write barely is 10 Mb/s on the sequence...

that is under msahsci