cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel X-25 M Really Slow Help Needed

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello guys I am new to SSD drives

basically my write speed on the 80gb x-25 mainstream is really really slow I ran the ssd benchmark

those are my results

I first thought I had so many virsuses so I formatted my pc and whenever I run couple programs and they take too much write speed my system lags so bad thats it just lags and I have to power it off

I have it in my bios on ahci and I have the matrix drivers too and I just dont know what to do my motherboard is

ASUS P5K PREMIUM

http://i43.tinypic.com/2jcj43l.png

-- EDIT 2

I downloaded matrix drivers from asus p5k premium section WRITE SPEEDS ARE NORMAL! however READ speed is now about 130 MB/s instead of 200-250 MB/s

I will update bios if that does not help any suggestions would be apperciated 😃

EDIT 3 :

After bios Update Read Speeds Are Maximum 140 MB/s any way to boost that?

48 REPLIES 48

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I see you updated your post with that link.

You should uninstall that Intel Matrix Storage Manager and go with Microsoft Standard AHCI 1.0 controller with msahci driver installed.

I have to leave for a few hours, just to let you know. I assume you know how to uninstall that Intel Matrix Storage Manager. I also assume you switched from that Microsoft AHCI driver and controller to what you have now. The problem you originally had was not because of msahci driver--but was because you had Disk Defragmenter turned on and TRIM was not working! You did say you were going to turn off Disk Defragmenter and I assume you did.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

thanks again but now it's back to slow again

without matrix.

Screen:

http://i44.tinypic.com/9h0074.png

When I enable write caching it will take about 2 hours to finish with speeds of 0.15 MB/s

so I am reverting back to matrix.. Any more ideas?

there must be someway to maximize read speed under matrix.. or fix write speed under msahci..

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You should have write caching enabled! Look, the msahci driver is not causing your system to have bad write speeds. I will post a picture of my AS SSD 80GB--I have one 80 and two 160GB Intel SSDs.

Perhaps the best thing is reinstall Windows 7 with BIOS set to AHCI and let it install default msahci driver. Your write speed is probably bad because you do not have write caching enabled, so you need to have it enabled!!! Now look at this with default msahci driver:

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I was just showing you 2 different options

with write cache it is better but in msaschi driver it makes no difference

I will format once again in AHCI mode at default.

I will get back in couple hours

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You should format in Windows 7, and don't forget to enable write caching if it is not already enabled--before checking with AS SSD benchmark tool.