cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTEL, Where is our G1 TRIM support? Please answer

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Intel,

Will you be providing G1 TRIM support in a future firmware upgrade for your early SSD adopters? Please give a yes or no answer.

Thank you,

Robert

Austin TX

38 REPLIES 38

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I agree -- This is pretty crazy considering the cost of these products and the fact that they are still under warranty.

The claim that the drive controllers can not be upgraded to support TRIM is a flat out lie.

Sucks -- I wasted so much money on one of these drives and now it performs like absolute garbage in XP-32 with stuttering and lag all over the place, with NO way to fix it none the less!!!

Thanks alot Intel. You are such a great company...your support is TOP NOTCH .

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

When you buy the first phase of new technology, you have to accept the shortcomings that ensue. When they come out with G3 drives and if there is something that makes whatever work better for those drives compared to my G2 SSD, I accept the end result. Technology advances and if you want the latest and best, you buy the latest and best.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You're ignorant Ambizytl -- it has nothing to do with "hardware technology" -- it's code for the FIRMWARE on the drive, and like I and other people have said, there is nothing TECHNOLOGICALLY that limits intel updating the g1 drives, except for Intel themselves.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the compliment.

Well, since I didn't buy the G1 drive and waited for G2 with TRIIM, I wonder who is truly ignorant.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Then why are you even posting in this thread? You obviously have nothing more or even relevant to add to the topic...Troll!