cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTEL, Where is our G1 TRIM support? Please answer

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Intel,

Will you be providing G1 TRIM support in a future firmware upgrade for your early SSD adopters? Please give a yes or no answer.

Thank you,

Robert

Austin TX

38 REPLIES 38

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Bump

DZand
Contributor III

Do you really expect a "Yes"?

All available sources say, that it is impossible to make the G1 series fit for the Trim support.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My goal is to cause a churn and maybe, just maybe, something will be done. What that something is I don't know, but something is better than nothing. Trade in program? Credit for the old drive will go towards the purchase of a newer G2?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Rubbish, mate.... If you modify to say: all "other" sources say that Intel will not give Gen. 1 TRIM support, you might be on the right track. But oh my how those few words you have typed wrong can change others perspective of you....

Gen. 1 Intel drives can of course do TRIM as easy as Gen. 2, but then there would be no reason at all for all of those owners to buy gen. 2, and that would hurt revenue, and that all that matters for Intel, nothing more nothing less. To say Gen. 1 X25-M/E cannot do TRIM would be an outright lie, and Intel would hardly like to be caught in an lie within the first 30 seconds of saying it, If they tried a lie to the public they would make pretty sure they could get away with it first, don't you think.....