cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead end installing SSD 330 to laptop

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm trying to replace the HD in my 4-yr-old Dell Latitude D530 laptop with a 330 series SSD. The installation utility stopped with an error:

Obsolete drivers are detected on your computer. Please reinstall the product or contact Intel Support. (website)

Not sure what "product" is being referred to here, but I went to Intel support and had it automatically detect my drivers. It found five, all of which were either OK or "unknown or unsupported - please contact the manufacturer for possible updates." Because they're Dell OEMs, presumably. Next stop: Dell's support site, which showed no new drivers for this laptop.

What do I do next? I've got an older Acronis drive swapping utility that I could try, but I'd prefer to use the utility Intel designed for use with this product. Any suggestions of how I might get past this driver error?

1 REPLY 1

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just to update my post, I ran Scandisk on my existing HD, which found and repaired quite a few disk errors that had accumulated over its 4 yr. life. After that, the migration utility ran fine, and I was able to complete my SSD installation. So take note: apparently the utility's "obsolete drivers are detected on your computer" error can be triggered by a messy HD, which can be cured (or at least was in my case) by running Scandisk.