Archive
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

how to disable read cache with SSD on linux

Hi,I have SSD connected to linux machine and its status is shown as "[sdb] Write cache: enabled, read cache: enabled" in dmesg. I knew we can disable write cache using hdparm. Is there any way to disable read cache and is this read cache present on...

idata by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

SSD Toolbox v1.3 simply does not work

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate64bit for over a year. The drive is an SSDA2M160G2GC ATA deviceThe Sata controller is an AHCI Controller Intel Version 9.6.0.1014Everything was working fine with SSD Toolbox V1.2Now when I run the SSD Tool box, it star...

CLall by New Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Sequential Write Speed Recovered

I am using RAID 0, with two 80 GB G2's, and of course, no TRIM. Over the past several months, my sequential write speed had dropped from about 150 MBs to 110 MBs, using both Crystal Diskmark and AS SSD Benchmark. I decided to try Perfect Disk 11 to d...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSD X-25-M 80GB

Hello, do i have trim properly working?I installed this one today, it already come with latest firmware, so what i done:1. Set Bios to AHCI2. Clean Windows 7 installOnce i got in desktop, i saw that it was listed under "Safely hardware remove", why?I...

• 8 replies
  • 3 kudos

Easy way to Enable AHCI on XP running in IDE mode

When I bought my INTEL DX48BT2 motherboard I tried to enable AHCI but gave up after many wasted hours. The Internet was full of instructions for enabling AHCI without reinstalling XP but none of then worked for me. Months later when I purchased my I...

• 18 replies
  • 1 kudos