cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

320 / 600 GB in Proliant DL380/G7 - shows as overheating

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just installed 5 of these in a RAID configuration on a test server. Working perfectly, except:

The server is reporting that the drives are overheating (they're not). It appears that possibly I can turn OFF DIPM on these drives and the SMART info will be reported correctly.

How do I do that?

FYI, running windows 2008 r2

Thanks,

Rob

46 REPLIES 46

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

So this post is marked as answered, yet I don't see a solution to this problem.

From what I read, the solution is either disable the Thermal Protection in the DL380/G7 Bios settings, or Intel provide an updated Firmware update for this model of SSD.

Is there any confirmation that Intel is still working on this issue? From what it sounds like, HP doesn't want to touch this issue, but I will confirm with my HP support reps personally.

I hate to have to break my RAID configuration to apply the firmware update for each of my 8 (qty) 320 600 GB drives to fix this problem, but if thats what it takes to resolve the issue, versus disabling Thermal Protection on my server, I will.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I really would appcreciate it if Intel would tell us they release a firmware fix.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Still awaiting confirmation from Intel that this is a work in progress, for fixing this firmware issue.

I am not confident that Intel is working on this issue, if this thread is marked as "Answered", when clearly the most recent firmware update released was January 2011 for the 320 series 600 GB drives.

My server room is extra loud with the fans running in overdrive due to this issue with these drives.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Is there any news on a fix for this?

Can Intel confirm that they can either a) put some pressure on HP to fix their firmware, or b) release a firmware kludge for the drives to get them to work with HP servers?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Still no news about a fix or new firmware?