cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD 750 after 2 years, estimated remaining life is only 13%? Is it already dying?

Sitti
New Contributor

Hello,

I have Intel PCIe SSD 750 that I have been using it for about 2 years now. I recently noticed that estimated remaining life, according to Toolbox, is only 13%. Is this mean mean my SSD is getting near to its end? So far, SMART hasn't shown any error. However, I noticed it's showing NAND Bytes Written is already over 630TB. Please see the attached log file from Toolbox. I'm not using it for any high workload, just a typical home PC, web browsing, email, gaming, occasional photo and video editing.

Is this serious enough that I should get my drive replaced under warranty or just ignore it? SSD should last many years. Does it look like there is something wrong with my SSD?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sitti
New Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

A couple days ago windows all of sudden became unbootable. I spent nearly 10 hours trying absolutely everything from recovery features to command prompt and partition attempting to get Windows to boot again, but my PC just wouldn't detect 750 as bootable drive any more. After I exhausted all my ideas without any success, I gave up and decided to clean install win10. This time, installation kept giving me errors saying it can't write to 750. I couldn't even create a new partition.

I contacted intel support and sent my 750 today for warranty replacement. I believe there was something seriously wrong with 750. However, it was strange that SMART and Toolbox didn't warn anything earlier. Other than it was reporting 13% remaining life, it was reporting good health and there was no error.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Guy_
New Contributor

Hello ,

does no one have any idea concerning this?

Please help me make a good decision 🙂 

Would my (nearly four and a half year old) Intel 750 800 GB, PCIe card SSD even be eligible for an exchange under warranty? 

Intel offered 5 years on these, or a TBW of 72 TB for the 800 GB model. (if i remember correctly? )

Yet mine has only reached a bit over 31 TB written and now sits at a low 13% of life remaining according to the Intel MAS App, the old Intel SSD Toolbox and SMART data, read by Crystaldiskinfo (or any other app displaying SMART data)

It still is my Win10 boot-drive and also contains all my software and data needing a perfomant drive. Except for games, those are stored on my older SATA SSds.

This SSD was also relatively expensive compared to other comparable options at that time (May 2017), but it has a much needed Op-rom for the UEFI and was one of a few viable & bootable NVMe drives for my ageing X79 platform (Asus Rampage IV Extreme, LGA 2011, I-7 3930k CPU). 

I only found out that it was this used-up nearly a month ago and was quite surprised to find out that it would soon start to fail at around 10% of life remaining. 

I already imaged the SSD just in case, but i would be really thankful if a good solution to this issue could be found.

Many thanks in advance for anyone who could help solve my problem. 

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Guy P.

PS. English isn't my main language, but i doubt that anyone in here understands Luxembourgish very well 😉