cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD 540s unreliable functionality

taspn
New Contributor

Hi,

I have an SSD 540s series, or INTEL SSDSC2KW240H6. It's less than 2 years old.

I have since about a year back experienced that the disk seems to disconnect from the pc, while its still in use. Which crashes the OS (Windows) and forces a restart. The last time it did this, 31/10, the disk apparently wiped itself and there's nothing on it anymore. I have tried to let different software scan on it but nothing can be found. What is wrong with this disk and how do i fix it? How do I get my partitions back? Does it need to be replaced?

According to the Intel SSD toolbox, it is using the latest firmware. But it says SMART is disabled, which it isn't. See attached screenshots.

Any help and/or suggestions are appreciated. I'm quite stuck at this point.

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi vortexringstate,

Thank you for getting the SMART report from the tool.According to it, the End-to-End Error Detection Count is the root cause of the issue with the drive. This error is related to the cache RAM data buffer, and it means that the parity data between the host and the drive didn't match.Unfortunately, there is no way to recover the drive from this state, and the drive should be replaced.I'll send you a private message with additional information, so please check your inbox.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.