cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD 535: no boot, ID SandForce

GLemelin
New Contributor

Hello!

I got a crash with my PC (CPU overheat due to heat-sink support break), and let it off for few month (time to get a new heat-sink plate, do the repair:  not my main PC).

Now the SSD is 'bricked':  no boot (Win10).  It seems to have lost its partitions and even its name.

I re-installed Win10 on a secondary HDD and get the latest 'Intel Memory and Storage Tools' v1.12.172:  the SSD is detected as SandForce, so the tool doesn't want to continue (as it is not recognized an Intel SSD).

The BIOS and DiskManager shows 'SandForce 200026BB' instead of the Intel real ID.

I also tried connecting the SSD on a second PC without more success.

How can I recover the data on this SSD?

Model is SSDSC2BW120H6

Thanks for your help!

10 REPLIES 10

Hello Jos B,

I also have the the same issue with my intel ssd pro 2500 series 180 gb and now i want that i can use it again so what should I do 

I will also attach some images of it  

20231212_184849.jpghttps://photos.app.goo.gl/bGPGm32qhosCYgCG6 

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello, GLemelin.

Greetings from; Intel® Memory and Storage support.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to Intel® SSD 535 Series. We would like to know if you were able to get the information we requested in our previous post or if you decided to contact the data recovery centers.

We will follow up with you again on Tuesday, the 28th of December 2021, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please, let us know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Best regards.

Jos B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.

Hello!

Here's a photograph of the label (back) of my SSD.

I also tried to use it on a second PC, with the same ID from the BIOS and DiskManager.

I have to see what's the cost to try to retreive data form this SSD.

Regards,

Guylain

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello, GLemelin.

Thank you for your reply and the picture of the SSD label you provided us.

Please, take your time deciding if you want to send the SSD to a data recovery center.

In case that you are interested in a replacement, we would appreciate it if you may provide us with the following information to check the SSD warranty status:

1. We would like to know how long ago you purchased this SSD?

2. Do you still have the POP (proof of purchase)?

We would be looking forward to your reply letting us know your decision.

We will follow up with you again on Tuesday, the 28th of December 2021, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please, let us know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Happy holidays.

Best regards.

Jos B.

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello, GLemelin.

Greetings from; Intel® Memory and Storage support.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to Intel® SSD 535 Series. We would like to know if you decided to contact the data recovery centers or if you need further assistance.

We will follow up with you again on Friday, the 31st of December 2021, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please, let us know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Happy holidays.

Best regards.

Jos B.