cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD 535 240GB FW:RG21 disapear itself, random period of time

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Heya,

from 2 weeks I begin to experience strange behavior of my SSD. Under Windows, Windows is like sleep, I mean "NumLock" working, mouse pointer too, but everything else not.

Here is what is strange, if I use reset, and reset, after reset and so on, SSD can not be detected by BIOS /it's legacy/ x58 MB. BUT if I power off PC and back it on. BIOS detect it again and boot successful. This behavior is with random interval under Windows.

Under BIOS is constant. But because I do few things, will tell all:

1. This begin in last two WindowsInsider builds 17655 and 17661.

2. Update CPU microcode for Xeon 5650 C206 /2018/.

3. Have new PCIe SoundCard SB-Z Creative is on PCIe x8. I say that, because, my external SATA3 card use PCIe x4.

My inner sense tell, that is some new feature use of Windows and conflict SSD with my old GigaByte Ex58-Extreme.

Here I read this: , and this looks, also like my case.

I ask here, because is lesser model 240GB, also user don't say, that this fix his issue.

Thanks for help. SSD is still in warranty.

EDIT: Today all day I run Windows 7 x86 without any issue. A later at home will install official 17134 /1803/ Windows 10 x64. By the upper suggestion also install RG2P firmware to mitigate some future issue, when opt in insider channel. again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello SimeonGG,

Thanks for posting in our communities.The issue seems to be caused by the motherboard not being fully compatible with the DevSleep feature present in the SSD. DevSleep allows the drive to go into a low power "device sleep" state. The problem is that on some motherboards, the BIOS and operatin system are enabling the feature on affected drives, but the motherboard does not signal to wake the SSD back (causing the system to crash/freeze).Please update your motherboard BIOS to the latest version. If the issue persists, please disable the DevSleep feature on the SSD via firmware update as instructed in the /thread/125108 referred post.Please let us know the results.Best regards,Eugenio F.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello SimeonGG,

Thanks for posting in our communities.The issue seems to be caused by the motherboard not being fully compatible with the DevSleep feature present in the SSD. DevSleep allows the drive to go into a low power "device sleep" state. The problem is that on some motherboards, the BIOS and operatin system are enabling the feature on affected drives, but the motherboard does not signal to wake the SSD back (causing the system to crash/freeze).Please update your motherboard BIOS to the latest version. If the issue persists, please disable the DevSleep feature on the SSD via firmware update as instructed in the /thread/125108 referred post.Please let us know the results.Best regards,Eugenio F.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

just to confirm, that with FirmWare:RG2P /P-as power, or I hope for performance / and Windows10 Pro x64 1803 / build 17144/ SSD works right and the problem doesn't exist.

Please Intel, I will say this to Microsoft too, use this information for future fixes. I mean, yes I know my MB GigaByte Ex58-Extreme is old and new BIOS is only, if you do some updates, yourself, but the issue I experience looks, like hardware is fail, while actually the problem is not hardware. This step me out from Insider program of the MS at home

Thanks for your respond.