cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD 530 240GB cannot be detected

VBeda
New Contributor

Hi, I bought a Intel SSD 530 240GB in 2014. In early June, my windows started to freeze after few minutes but I was able to move the cursor but unable to open or close any applications. I called up Intel and they replaced my SSD within a week. Now with the replacement, I'm having a similar issue intermittently and most times my SSD is undetected in BIOS. The strange thing is that, when I plug it in to a USB 3.0 enclosure, it can be detected in windows and even BIOS. But when plugged in directly to Motherboard, it doesn't work. I'm very frustrated with the product as I lost so much data. Please advise!

3 REPLIES 3

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Viknesh,

Could you please provide us the motherboard and BIOS version ?

Send us a complete system report and/or a toolbox export.

Is the drive firmware the latest?

How did yo install the OS? Was it a migration?

VBeda
New Contributor

Hi, I'm using HP 810-192d desktop. Motherboard MS-7826 (Kaili) Intel Z87 chipset. Bios version is 80.24 which is the latest. SSD firmware is the latest as I did download the ISO file and booted from a USB to check. As mentioned earlier in my statement, it was working all fine but just 1 week ago it started to give such symptoms. By the way, I'm an engineer from HP. I've already done all the necessary diagnostic test. I'm simply unhappy with the product. Either Intel get me another replacement or a different model on the SSD. Please advise.

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Vknesh,

In this particular case, we recommend that you contact your nearest Intel Contact Center for further assistance. Here is the link: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Contact Support