cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3700 - ATA secure locked - user & master passwords unknown

golffies
New Contributor

Hi,

when neither the user password nor the master password is known, it seems to me that the ata secure erase command is ineffective.

On a DC S3700 SSD, the master password revision code is different from 65534, so the master password has been changed. The drive is also locked by a user password. Neither the master password nor the user password is known to me.

Screenshot from 2023-08-30.png

It is therefore not possible to reset the SSD using the ATA secure erase command. Similarly, the intelmas delete -intelssd 0 command returns an error.

Without the user and master password, is this SSD simply bricked, or is there a way to reset it so that it can be reformatted with a new file system?

Thanks for your advice.

1 REPLY 1

SolidigmYordan

Hello golffies,

Thank you for contacting Solidigm™ Support.

First, I would like to inform you that there is no Master Key or any other kind of unlocking tool provided by Solidigm™ (formerly Intel®) for this purpose.

It will be necessary to check with the BIOS original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for features and motherboard assistance since most of the time, ATA security is set on BIOS. Otherwise, the other option is to check with the previous owner of the unit and verify if they have this information.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Yordan
Solidigm Customer Support.

SolidigmYordan_0-1693949199184.png