cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3610 vs S4600

ACorb2
New Contributor

Hi to all.

I've seen that a new SSD model was released: S4600.

Is this the proper replacement model for S3610 ? Is S3610 dismissed ?

If I saw properly, these two models doesn't have the same specs, endurance for S4600 is a little bit lower (a little bit less than 3DWPD),

write speeds seems to be higher and read speed lower.

Am I missing something ?

As we have a bounch of S3610, should I buy and replace them with S4600 when needed ?

would be possible to know the exact blocks number for both model (480gb) ? In other words, would be possible to replace a S3610 with a S4600 in the same RAID array ? (blocks must be the same)

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi AlessandroCorbelli,

We understand your concern regarding the SSDs. We would like to inform you that the Intel® SSD DC S4600 Series would be a good replacement for the Intel® SSD DC S3610 Series. We would like to inform you that the endurance for the Intel® SSD DC S4600 Series 480GB is 594TBW/Day due to the lithography it has( Intel® 3D NAND Technology). The Intel® SSD DC S3610 Series has a different lithography type: 20 nm and its endurance is 3DW/Day.Both SSDs have the same addressable sectors: 997703088. However, keep in mind that we do not recommend you to change an SSD for a different model in a RAID because it could give you performance issues, we always recommend you to replace the SSD for an SSD of the same model. Regards, Junior M.

ACorb2
New Contributor

Only 594TBW/Day ? This isn't wrote on official specs, that is talking about 3DPWS (a little bit less, If I remember properly)

If endurance is 594TBW/Day , you can't consider S4600 a proper replacement for S3610, endurante in S4600 is 1/3 of S3610

I've seen that S3610 are out of stock on all of my primary distributor. Is a dismissed product ? any *REAL* replacement for that ?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi AlessandroCorbelli,

We would like to inform you that the endurance for the Intel® SSD DC S4600 Series is 2.95 Petabytes for the warranty period(5 Years). the DWPD for this SSD is 5.60 for 3 years, for 5 years it is 3.36 as per JEDEC* Workload. We are sorry for the inconvenience with the previous information. However, this is the latest SATA DataCenter drive available. There are some other drives such as the Intel® SSD DC S3700 and the Intel® SSD DC S3710, but they do not have the endurance that this SSD has due to its technology. Also, they are already announced as "end of life" as this SSD was. Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with. Regards, Junior M.

ACorb2
New Contributor

I'm sorry to bring this thread up again but is still unclear to me.

S3610 480GB has 3.7PB writes per day, for 5 years.

S4600 480GB has 2.95PB writes per day, for 5 years.

Is this correct? if so, the newer model has a much lower DWPD than the older model, so, S4600 can't be used as a direct replacement for a S3610 and I don't see anything with bigger endurance than S4600, currently