cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe 910 400Gb stops working after recovering from sleep with Intel Rapid Start Technology

TAhon
New Contributor

I ended up having a minor problem after installing 910 series PCIe SSD. I am running Asus Z97-A, i7-4790k, 16Gb ram, EVGA GTX 970. OS is Win7 x64 running on Samsung 850 PRO series SSD drive. I also have 2 WD Black series HDD's. I have tried now with SATA in AHCI mode and in RAID mode, but I suppose those should not affect on my case as the drive is in PCIe slot. Sleep mode is turned in to Intel Rapid Start mode immediately.

Problem:

If I decide to put my computer to sleep and wake it up later, I end up having the other block of 200Gb parts of SSD showing yellow exclamation mark in device manager. If I go to browse files my explorer freezes and same happens if I open properties of the broken device in device manager, the device manager freezes.

This ends up causing the system to be impossible to shutdown or use normally. I need to hit reset to return back normal. If I let it stay on after the wake up, in some point the computer restarts by itself and gives me a note of blue screen with BSCODE 9F.

Any ideas how to proceed? I would like to use the sleep mode even that the computer start quite fast also with normal boot.

10 REPLIES 10

TAhon
New Contributor

I have now tested this on an x4 in Z170 board also and the behavior is the same. I decided to order Samsung 850 pro SSD and sell this PCIe card as I cannot use full functionalities of the computer and is not that much faster as I can only use it in x2 due to mainboard limitations. Updating to LGA2011v3 board and CPU would probably give the full functionality of the SSD, but putting the more money on a slower CPU is not gonna happen.