cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P44pro Sequential writes are unusually slow

alien
New Contributor II

20231023121603.jpg

Today, when I was copying a large number of files, I found that the writing speed of the p44pro was very slow.

Then I used CrystalDiskMark 8 to test it, and the sequential writing speed was only 2000MB/s.

I tried restarting and manually optimizing trim but it couldn't be solved.
I need help.

ps.Other ssd works fine, win11 23h2

10 REPLIES 10

This is not an isolated case. Too many people have this problem

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Hello Alien,

We would like to thank you for the feedback and detailed information provided. However,  we still need to clarify one more aspect:

Have you tried a secure erase (formatting the disk) like it was suggested for you before?

NOTE Always backup data regularly and before proceeding as this process removes all data from the drive.

When to Run a Low-Level Format or Secure Erase on Solidigm™ (formerly Intel®) Solid State Drives and...

We are waiting for information from you.

Gleb
Solidigm Customer Support.

SolidigmGleb_0-1698743336878.png

alien
New Contributor II

I didn't perform a secure erase.
I believe a secure erase might fix the issue, but there's no way I'm going to secure erase it again and again every once in a while.(It has only been used for 1600 hours)
If the problem still happen, it's just a waste of time.

As you can see, this is not just me.
Others user have the same problem.

You need to make sure this problem doesn't happen again - provide new firmware to fix the issue.
Then I would perform a secure erase.

Hello Alien,

We hope you are doing well.

As you might know, some bugs may be resolved in a matter of days, while others may take several weeks or even months. As we told you before, we escalated your issue (as well as similar issues of other customers), but, in order to help you quickly solve your issue, we recommend secure arise as one of the possible options.

Secure erase can help refresh the entire SSD. However, following our recommendations or not is a personal choice of our customers, and we will not try to persuade them to do that.

Additionally, be aware that you can always contact us via our Support Hub  and our team of experts would be happy to assist you with warranty questions.

Kind regards,

Gleb
Solidigm Customer Support.

SolidigmGleb_0-1698834032777.png

alien
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply.Thank you also for escalating the issue so it gets attention.

I'll be patiently waiting for the bug to be fixed.