cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P44Pro driver detected a controller error on \Device\RaidPort0

KingLu
New Contributor

My P44PRO has experienced three instances of disk drops since June 2nd while playing Diablo 4. with this issues including stuttering every few seconds, while the game's displayed frame rate and latency appear normal.

I fixed it myself by force installing Micron NVMe driver v2.1.19.0 WHQL 64bit, after installing the new driver, all of the aforementioned issues have disappeared.

Please help to check this issues, thank you.

My system info:
OS: Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22621.1848 (Win11 22H2 2022 Update)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MB: Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme (BIOS 1415)
Memory: Acer Predator DDR5 6000 C30 16GB x4
GPU: Asus ROG-Strix-RTX4090-O24G-Gaming (Driver 536.23)
PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1000P2
SSD: Solidigm P44Pro 1T & 2TB with official latest version drivers.

27 REPLIES 27

Dear danielsilenti,

Thank you for your question. You may wish to open a case because:

1) Creating a ticket would allow you to discuss sensitive information privately with our support team.

2) We may be able to explore other potential resolutions.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and create a case via the Solidigm Support hub.

Kind regards,
Gleb
Solidigm Customer Support

SolidigmGleb_0-1723653596112.png

Horus
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I don't want to sound rude, but I already asked you to look at how another manufacturer, WD, which had the same problem with the SN850X, solved this problem by updating the firmware.

https://community.wd.com/t/finally-new-firmware-released-sn850x-the-driver-detected-a-controller-err... 

Hello Horus,

Thank you for the link to the WD community forum.  We already saw it and we are aware of the solution WD implemented for their SN850X model.

While we are exploring similar approaches for our product, it's important to note that fixing a bug in the firmware is not always a straightforward process. Each product has its unique architecture and requirements, making it necessary for us to thoroughly test and validate any potential fixes to ensure they do not introduce new issues.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Best regards,

Gleb
Solidigm Customer Support.

SolidigmGleb_2-1724757769894.png

Horus
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks for reply and I hope that you will find solution for this problem soon 🤞

jorj
New Contributor

Maybe it's time for you to fix this?

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\RaidPort1.

1.png

The problem exists both on the new driver and on the old one.