cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overheating on acer aspire7 with i7-8750h processor when Windows on Intel 660p installed

LFink2
New Contributor

Hello, I recently installed on my laptop Intel 660p NVMe SSD 512GB. My laptop is Acer aspire 7 A715-72g and default configuration had HDD. I installed intel SSD and installed WIndows here. But after installing my processor overheats (with minimal usage it has around 50-60s Celsius and with minimal work it suddenly goes over 70-85s Celsius, which didnt happen when windows were installed on HDD - I cleaned notebook so no ash is inside, so problem is probably in some setting or something. In bios I have option RST with intel optane). Thanks for support

2 REPLIES 2

AdrianM_Intel
New Contributor

Hello LFink2

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I understand you are concern about the temperatures of your processor, even though the temperatures are around 50-60s Celsius and when it's working go over 70-85s Celsius it's still working withing specifications, however, the issue started after the change was done on your laptop specifically when the new SSD was integrated, so the SSD works faster than an HDD which might produce more heat in the system, also the manufactures can customize their hardware to work with specific components to keep the system working within specifications, my recommendation is to check with the system manufacturer to validate any new hardware integration on your system since you might need any new hardware component example: (Cooler), especially on laptops due to the case form factor can be design for certain components.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

LFink2
New Contributor

Thank you for answer, I will ask manufacturer for more information.