cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iSSDFUT 2.0.9 Not Working?

MBali1
New Contributor II

I just installed a 530 SSD in my mid-2009 MBP. It seems to be working fine. I figured I should update the firmware, but I am unable to get the Intel® SATA Solid-State Drive Firmware Update Tool version 2.0.9 to work. I burned the ISO using both a Mac and a Win7 machine. In both cases it appears to burn correctly, but when I boot from either disc, I get a "no bootable device" message.

After searching the forums a bit, I tried unpacking issdfut_2.0.9.iso to check for iSSDFUT.exe, but it is not present in the ISO. Here's the contents of the ISO. I have downloaded it and unpacked it on two separate Macs and a Win7 PC and I see the same thing. I downloaded the ISO from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18363 Download Center

CONTENTS

initrd

vmlinuz

isolinux (directory)

isolinux\boot.cat

isolinux\isolinux.bin

isolinux\isolinux.cfg

licenses (directory with tons of folders with license files in them)

Is the contents of the ISO correct? Is there something else I am supposed to be doing to update the firmware for my Intel 530 SSD in my mid-2009 MBP? Thanks!

59 REPLIES 59

The issue has been recreated.

Engineering is looking at it but I have no additional information on a solution. I'll update this thread when I get additional info.

MJuv
New Contributor

good to know that! thank you Ken!

lastly, when can we get new update (more or less ?) because I do not want to be late for the product return!

thanks.

Hi Mrick,

I don't have any approximation on a date for a fix. We won't know that until they can get an idea of what the problem is.

Sorry that I don't have more definite information.

KBogn
New Contributor

I am experiencing the same issue (0GB SSD, no serial number, says latest firmware is installed though I only have 2CV102G9) on an X25-M 80GB G2 SSD, with iSSDFUT v 2.0.10.

Happy to submit more details of my environment or to try previous versions to see if they at least properly analyze the drive -- v 2.0.6 doesn't seem to be out there on the FTP site now.

KBogn
New Contributor

I'm not sure if my support agent was incompetent or if this represents Engineering "giving up" trying to figure out what is going wrong with the FUT, but I opened a support case today by phone, explaining that version 2.0.10 of the firmware update utility does not identify the drive's size or serial number properly & says the latest firmware is installed, etc... and after many go-rounds and many restatements of why I'd like to update the firmware in the first place; that my drive is perfectly healthy per Intel's SSD Toolbox and Crystal DiskInfo; and yes, I indeed have tried the .iso file -- THAT'S THE UTILITY I'M TALKING ABOUT -- the response was that I can try to move the SSD to another PC and try to upgrade the firmware there; or I can accept a drive replacement.

Can someone provide an update here on the status of the issue? Can I get an older version of the FUT that will at least update my X25-M 80GB G2 SSD to a firmware with TRIM support?

Message was edited by: Karen Bognich&# 13; &# 13; Motherboard is NVIDIA nForce 730i (geForce 9300 is GPU, sorry)