cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iSSDFUT 2.0.9 Not Working?

MBali1
New Contributor II

I just installed a 530 SSD in my mid-2009 MBP. It seems to be working fine. I figured I should update the firmware, but I am unable to get the Intel® SATA Solid-State Drive Firmware Update Tool version 2.0.9 to work. I burned the ISO using both a Mac and a Win7 machine. In both cases it appears to burn correctly, but when I boot from either disc, I get a "no bootable device" message.

After searching the forums a bit, I tried unpacking issdfut_2.0.9.iso to check for iSSDFUT.exe, but it is not present in the ISO. Here's the contents of the ISO. I have downloaded it and unpacked it on two separate Macs and a Win7 PC and I see the same thing. I downloaded the ISO from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18363 Download Center

CONTENTS

initrd

vmlinuz

isolinux (directory)

isolinux\boot.cat

isolinux\isolinux.bin

isolinux\isolinux.cfg

licenses (directory with tons of folders with license files in them)

Is the contents of the ISO correct? Is there something else I am supposed to be doing to update the firmware for my Intel 530 SSD in my mid-2009 MBP? Thanks!

59 REPLIES 59

KenF_Intel
Contributor

I could really use some serial numbers and model numbers. The developers think that the model number is the most likely problem. I can only confirm that if you can send me the Model Number written on your drive.

I know it's not easy to get to the drive on a Mac, but is probably going to be necessary to get this resolved.

Thanks.

I'm having same update issues...but with win 7 64. I burned iso to cd and booted with it fine, but after I accept the lic and the update starts,..it won't recognize my ssd 530 ??? just sits there with no info. and I have to close the program. note: ..i get a signal 15 on closing ???

serial # BTDA335604001802GN

model ssd 530 series 180GB

present firmware ver: DC12 ( site says update is DC33 )

ssd is a new install and working fine.... has win 7 64 and working programs .. ssd toolbox 3.2.0 works well also.

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks Jerry

Hi Jpecor,

Can you give me some details on your system? Motherboard model?

Thanks.

KenF_Intel
Contributor

Sorry for the confusion. The Support directories appear to not be working properly.

Please use this link:

ftp://ftp.intel.com/Pub/Outgoing/issdfut_2.0.6.iso ftp://ftp.intel.com/Pub/Outgoing/issdfut_2.0.6.iso

I just successfully downloaded the file from a public connection using that link.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Dear Ken,

I have the exact same issue under the following circumstances:

iMac 24" early 2009

Intel 530series 180GB Firmware DC12

Serial Number (ISN): BTDA343305DR1802GN (BTW: This can be found in System Information under SATA/SATA Express section)

Model: SSDSC2BW180A4

And the 2.0.6.iso file is still not working 😐

The main issue I'm having is that the Negotiated Link speed in Max OS X 10.9.1 (Mavericks) is 1.5Gbps and this means the drive is recognised as a SATA I drive instead of a SATA II drive (this is the maximum my iMac supports). Here's some more details from System Information:

Vendor: NVidia

Product: MCP79 AHCI

Link Speed: 3 Gigabit

Negotiated Link Speed: 1.5 Gigabit

Physical Interconnect: SATA

Description: AHCI Version 1.20 Supported

I really hope you'll be able to help us out.

Thanks