cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD Toolbox - Incorrect drive health displayed on some 520 SSD's

KenF_Intel
Contributor

The Intel® SSD Toolbox may incorrectly indicate that the drive health of some of the Intel SSD 520 Series. This is an issue with the Intel SSD Toolbox when identifying SSD's with a serial number beginning with EK and does not indicate a problem with the physical drive.

We will post an update to this message when a new version of the Intel SSD Toolbox is available.

You may also click the Receive Email Notifications link on the right side of this screen to be notified when this discussion is updated. If you do not see the Receive Email Notifications link then you may need to create an account for the Intel communities or log in to an account you already have.

6 REPLIES 6

KenF_Intel
Contributor

Version 3.1.6 of the Intel® SSD Toolbox has been released and is available for download at this location:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455

This version of the Toolbox fixes the issue of incorrect drive health reports for the Intel® SSD 520.

Please feel free to post a reply to this thread if the new version of the Toolbox does not correct this issue for you.

I just updated to version 3.1.6 of the Intel SSD Toolbox and I am having issues with the health readings from the drive.

Before the update it listed the Total Read/Written at around 620GB for each.

After the update it is listing the Total Read/Written as 4.38 and 4.17TB. Yes, terabytes!

No other issues that I can see right now. Drive is a 180GB 520 Series purchased in December 2012.

We've confirmed this issue. It's been reported to engineering. We will update this thread when we have a fix.

The issue of Total LBA's written/read being reported incorrectly in the S.M.A.R.T details has been fixed in version 3.1.8.

You can download 3.1.8 by following these steps:

- Start your current version of the Intel®SSD Toolbox

- Click Firmware Update

- Click the Check for Updates button

Please let us know if you find any issues with this version of the Toolbox.