cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD S3610 NAND 累計寫入被放大 300 - 600 多倍的問題

TimWong
New Contributor

大家好:

年多前,我為電腦 (使用 Asus Sabertooth X99 主板組成) 購買了 2 個 Intel SSD S3610 1.2T 組成 Raid 0 模式使用 ( 在 淘寶 (全新) 和 eBay (用過轉售) 購買 ) 。在 OS Win7 和 Win10 Pro x64上運行良好。

帶有操作系統的 SSD Raid 0 是主磁盤,而 LSI RAID 6 的 15 個 HDD 是第二個。我已設置和命令將 IE , Chrome 的緩存移至硬盤,並正確進行了驗證。在資源管理器正常工作的情況下,從高速緩存寫入的數據流理論上是在 LSI RAID 6 HDD 分區中生成的,我也通過系統的資源監視器和 Microsoft 網站的 Diskmon 得出了這一結論。

一直使用都未有問題,直至發現SSD Raid 0 的指示燈經常在無讀寫時閃爍,用 CrystalDiskInfo 8.12.0 檢查,發現其中 1 個 SSD 寫入 935 GB,但 NAND 累計寫入為 643531 GB ,發現 NAND 累計寫入 688 倍的問題,改用 Intel SSD 工具箱也獲得了相同的結果。

為確定問題所屬,我再買了個 Intel P4800X 來作主磁盤,重新安裝Win10而不安裝其他軟件。為 2 個 S3610 進行測試,嘗試找出問題所在。

我刪去 2 個 S3610的 Raid 0後,2 個 S3610 1.2T 不作 Partition 及 Format 來進行測試。

發現當 Win10 系統未能直接使用 2 個 SSD ,但 2 個 S3610 仍會在閒餘時自行對NAND作出寫入,特別是在 睡眠模式 時,會分別寫入數 GB 到 2 個 S3610 NAND 內,但 SSD 寫入量是沒改變的。

為測試是否與Win10有關,重設定 Raid 0 及 Full Format ,設定關閉 Win10 所有與 SSD 有 節省能源選項 後,NAND 不再有無故寫入情況、指示燈亦不再無故閃爍。

但 睡眠模式 時,2 個 S3610 的NAND 內仍會分別被寫入數 GB,而 SSD 寫入量是沒改變的。請問這情況可怎樣解決?

附上一些資料、希望可有助發現及解決問題。謝謝你的幫助。

16 REPLIES 16

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello, TimWong.

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

請注意,我僅能以英文支援您。我已使用網路翻譯工具翻譯此回應,因此,可能有一些不正確的翻譯。

Please be informed that I can only support you in English. I have used a web translation tool to translate this response hence, there may be some inaccurate translation.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® SSD DC S3610 Series. If we infer correctly, we will appreciate it if you can review the following information:

- Windows 10 Store applications and others can register a Background Task that allows them to run while in the MS state which is how notifications, audio streaming, app updates, and other activities can continue to work in Sleep, turning a Windows 10 into an always-on PC. These activities are strictly controlled through scheduling and usage limits. Background Tasks registered in the so-called Background Infrastructure are one of many ‘Activators’ that can bring the processor out of deep sleep, to perform actions. Other Activators include Windows Update, audio playback, image download, geofencing settings, and others.

-We advise you to check with Microsoft* for this background task that is running on your PC. Please consider that the usage of a RAID controller makes some systems never turn the drives off what could be another reason for the behavior you are experiencing.

Based on the information you provided us, there is no issue with your SSD hardware. For more information on how to check your SSD, please visit the Video on Intel® SSD Firmware Update and Health Monitoring Using Intel® Memory and Storage Tool (Intel® MAS) https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057393/memory-and-storage.html

Instead of other 3rd party tools.

We will follow up with you again on Wednesday, the 5th of May 2021, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.

Hi Josh B.

Thank you for reply.

- Windows 10 Store...... &

- We advise you......

Thank for your advise。I had delete S3610 Raid 0. Let it be 2 separate disk,
it is non MBR or GPT disk mode, no partition and unformat.
2 S3610 SSD are no show in WIN 10. When Win10 is running,
HostWrites(F1) and NandWrites(F3) are 0.

But after Shuddown, Reboot or Sleepmode,Only NandWrites (F3) will increased a few GB。

Attachment: 2 S3610 SSD Intel MAS's Screen Captures & CSV Files.

S3610 Disk 1:

F1 = 2096.25GB = 2TB

F3 is Total Bytes Written
(Increased by 1 for every 65536 sectors (32MB))

My S3610 F3 = 20661923/32 = 645685 GB = 630 TB

My S3610 WA = 630TB / 2TB = 315

315 WA is acceptable?

Best regards,

TimWong

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello, TimWong.

Thank you for your reply.

Let us further investigate your inquiry related to the Intel® SSD DC S3610 Series behavior.

We will contact you back as soon as we have an answer or in case further information is required.  

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello, TimWong.

Thank you for your patience.

The drives involved in this configuration are not included in the white amplification phenomenon, Feel free to check this public information at the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027328/memory-and-storage/client-ssds.ht...

The only exception besides those drives is for the 535 series as shown in the same article, also data center drives are designed for more endurance, so they will be not affected.

Another thing to remember is that when a drive is affected by the write amplification will be facing intermittent disconnections, the drive crashing, or even not been recognized, but this isn't the scenario.

Our recommendation is to plug the drives directly into the motherboard and to run a low-level format. Please check with Avago* if the Raid controller you are using can cause this kind of issue.

Please let us know the results.

We will follow up with you again on Friday, the 7th of May 2021, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Best regards,

Jos B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.