cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 530 startup problems - Bug in SSD?

ajoha7
New Contributor II

I just bought an Intel SSD 530 240GB to replace my Intel SSD510 for my HP Elitebook 8460p.

When i cold-start my computer everything is fine, but when I restart my computer from within a freshly installed windows-7, the drive is not found.

If i turn off the computer and start it again, the drive is found and boots up again as usual. So the drive fails after reset.

I have upgraded the firmware of the SSD to the latest version via the SSD toolbox but still no luck. also updated laptop bios to latest version.

I had no problems in the past with the Intel SSD 510 edition.

Any ideas on what to do?

Clarification:

So, when I insert my Intel 510 SSD and start windows and restart windows it works without problem. But with the Intel 530 it wails when I do restart, the BIOS does not find it after a normal reset. So that must conclude that the Intel SSD 530 has some bug? or is sensitive to some timing issue?

Should I return it? or just assume its incompatible with my laptop?

Message was edited by: andy johansson (added some clarification at the end)

216 REPLIES 216

I have 2 Intel 530 SSD

Brand New

Same problem, Cannot find these SSDs after installation and restart with Windows 8.1

Installing on EVGA Z87 FTW Board, Intel 4770k

KM5
New Contributor

I've been trying to get a a 530SSD recognized on an Asus P8P67 Deluxe motherboard with no success, even with the latest 3.2.1 toolbox upgrade. It seems it is not recognized in the BIOS on either the Intel 6G controller, or the Marvell 6G controller, and is only intermittently recognized on the 3G controller. Have already RMA'd the drive once, but the new drive is no better. Obviously there is some incompatibility between the SSD and the Asus board that is not remedied in the latest firmware. (In fact, reading this thread it seems the previous firmware update (as of toolbox 3.2.0) was supposed to fix these issues, and I'm trying 3.2.1).

This same Asus motherboard is driving two other SSD's, and three hard drives with no trouble, and the system is generally working well in all respects. The Asus motherboard has the latest BIOS available.

Any additional help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Ken / Intel

I have exactly same problem with with my Intel Pro 1500 Series, 180GB, 2.5", SATA III, 6GB/s laptop SSD (Intel P/n SSDSC2BF180A4L | Lenovo P/n 04X4424) installed on my LENOVO ThinkPad T420s (4171FU) what is running freshly installed Windows 7 64bit. When the laptop is rebooted the SSD drive disappears. No boot device found. Power cycle and thar she blows. So reboot NO! Power cycle Yes! Tried this several times, BIOS and firmware are up to date, and still unable to reboot. Laptop must be power cycled to reboot. Also happen very often the computer just freeze permanently and the hdd drive LED is constantly on. I tried my old SSD drive (Toshiba THNSNC 128GCSJ; Lenovo PN45N7978) with freshly installed Windows7 64bit system and all is working fine.

What could course the issues what I currently have.

Thank you

Kind regards

Michal

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

SOLUTION: Regarding Intel Pro 1500 Series in Lenovo Thinkpad X220: Disk firmware LADi fails as described. However, we received another disk from Lenovo which has firmware LAEi (not yet publicly released from Intel). The disk with firmware LAEi works correctly!

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

So, what are my options for now. Thought when I was buying a intel ssd drive but as genuine Lenovo part it should work without any problems with my laptop. Do you know if and when the correct firmware will be realise. Or I should look for different drive or go back to my old one.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Michal