cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 530 startup problems - Bug in SSD?

ajoha7
New Contributor II

I just bought an Intel SSD 530 240GB to replace my Intel SSD510 for my HP Elitebook 8460p.

When i cold-start my computer everything is fine, but when I restart my computer from within a freshly installed windows-7, the drive is not found.

If i turn off the computer and start it again, the drive is found and boots up again as usual. So the drive fails after reset.

I have upgraded the firmware of the SSD to the latest version via the SSD toolbox but still no luck. also updated laptop bios to latest version.

I had no problems in the past with the Intel SSD 510 edition.

Any ideas on what to do?

Clarification:

So, when I insert my Intel 510 SSD and start windows and restart windows it works without problem. But with the Intel 530 it wails when I do restart, the BIOS does not find it after a normal reset. So that must conclude that the Intel SSD 530 has some bug? or is sensitive to some timing issue?

Should I return it? or just assume its incompatible with my laptop?

Message was edited by: andy johansson (added some clarification at the end)

216 REPLIES 216

KLim11
New Contributor

Update to latest firmware DC32, no luck for my Asus M4A87TD/USB3 motherboard (latest firmware Apr-2011). Start PC cannot detect by BIOS, need to unplug cable and plug-in again after 30mins in order to work. Shutdown PC > 5mins will become undetected again.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

AJ4
New Contributor

I am experiencing the same problem as everyone here with my new Intel 530 240GB SSD in my HP 9470m laptop.

I was able to install and login into Windows 7 Pro using the IDE workaround. I was going to install the Intel toolbox firmware update however in the toolbox software it says "Your system is in IDE mode. The selected Intel SSD cannot be updated with the Intel SSD Toolbox in this mode." Well when I change my bios from IDE to ACHI my system will crash every time it is loading Windows (right at the windows loading screen).

Not sure how I can update the firmware at this point in I can't log into Windows with ACHI.

BKosz
New Contributor

I am not sure, I have no 530 SSD, but what about .iso bootable tool?https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18363&lang=eng Download Center

gayu
New Contributor

HELP

My laptop SL500 installed Intel 530 SSD 240GB, the boot stuck in the Auto-Detecting AHCI PORT 0 ... for a long time, even if the firmware update DC32, too, request INTEL released new firmware improvements.

HWurs2
New Contributor

Hi,

same problem with firmware DC12 and DC32 with Asus H87 Pro Rev 0. I have to switch the power off/on so a restart is possible. And today, an SSD has been disconnected during operation: "Ata4.00: failed command: WRITE FPDMA QUEUED" Unbelievable how this product could come in trade, go back to the dealer tomorrow.