cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 530 startup problems - Bug in SSD?

ajoha7
New Contributor II

I just bought an Intel SSD 530 240GB to replace my Intel SSD510 for my HP Elitebook 8460p.

When i cold-start my computer everything is fine, but when I restart my computer from within a freshly installed windows-7, the drive is not found.

If i turn off the computer and start it again, the drive is found and boots up again as usual. So the drive fails after reset.

I have upgraded the firmware of the SSD to the latest version via the SSD toolbox but still no luck. also updated laptop bios to latest version.

I had no problems in the past with the Intel SSD 510 edition.

Any ideas on what to do?

Clarification:

So, when I insert my Intel 510 SSD and start windows and restart windows it works without problem. But with the Intel 530 it wails when I do restart, the BIOS does not find it after a normal reset. So that must conclude that the Intel SSD 530 has some bug? or is sensitive to some timing issue?

Should I return it? or just assume its incompatible with my laptop?

Message was edited by: andy johansson (added some clarification at the end)

216 REPLIES 216

DTan3
New Contributor

I've uninstall the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology as suggested and restart works now!..

KPros
New Contributor

Please fix this intel, it's very annoying to have this bug.

Also the performance of this SSD is extremely poor.

ds81
New Contributor

Same Problem with HP ProBook 470 G1 Notebook (E9Y75EA# ABD).

and Intel SSDSC2BW240A401 240GB

Description:

- Cold boot, everything is fine

- Warm boot, as in reboot from windows, leads to no boot device found

Update of latest Intel RST did not help, uninstalling the complete RST neither. Legacy mode is enabled in UEFI.

Latest Driver/BIOS installed (through HP Support Manager)

ECuch
New Contributor

Hello All,

Just purchased and migrated data from an Intel 520 120GB to my new Intel 530 240GB and can confirm on my HP 8570P with BIOS F.45 (latest) I am having the same restart issue. Cold boot is perfect, Restart prompts with "No Boot Device Found".

Looking forward to the firmware update soon.

@Intel, I didn't skim all 8 pages, but what parameter in the drive is causing the issue only on restart?

SLIEW1
New Contributor

my colleague and i have the same problem with our Dell XPS 1647. we bought 2 pcs of ssd530 with 240GB 2 days ago. The BIOS unable to detect the ssd after replacing conventional HDD with the SSD.