cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 530 startup problems - Bug in SSD?

ajoha7
New Contributor II

I just bought an Intel SSD 530 240GB to replace my Intel SSD510 for my HP Elitebook 8460p.

When i cold-start my computer everything is fine, but when I restart my computer from within a freshly installed windows-7, the drive is not found.

If i turn off the computer and start it again, the drive is found and boots up again as usual. So the drive fails after reset.

I have upgraded the firmware of the SSD to the latest version via the SSD toolbox but still no luck. also updated laptop bios to latest version.

I had no problems in the past with the Intel SSD 510 edition.

Any ideas on what to do?

Clarification:

So, when I insert my Intel 510 SSD and start windows and restart windows it works without problem. But with the Intel 530 it wails when I do restart, the BIOS does not find it after a normal reset. So that must conclude that the Intel SSD 530 has some bug? or is sensitive to some timing issue?

Should I return it? or just assume its incompatible with my laptop?

Message was edited by: andy johansson (added some clarification at the end)

216 REPLIES 216

FRadu1
New Contributor

Are there any news about the new firmware or should I buy another SSD. I have mine for almost two months and keep looking at it

All,

Work on this is progressing. We anticipate having a firmware release by the end of December.

MMitr2
New Contributor

if you not install Intel RST driver there is no problem with the SSD

TTay
New Contributor

So in other words, we should uninstall the Intel RST driver.

BTW just want to share, when you turn off the PC and unplug all the USB devices like printer, scanner, unifying USB mouse, Display Port cable, speaker and LAN and wait for 30 mins then reconnect all the devices back and power on the PC, the Intel 530 SSD will be detected by BIOS and Windows.

If you do a restart, no problem at all, Windows will still see the SSD but if you shut down the PC for more than 5 mins. or less BIOS will not detect it again and so does Windows.

Very frustrating indeed.

Hope Intel would no disappoint us Intel Fan-boys and come up with a fix ASAP.

Tks.

Hi Redot,

What you describe is very different from what others on this thread are experiencing.

The reports we have are that the drive is only detected on a shutdown or full power off. The drive is NOT detected on a restart from Windows.

Am I misunderstanding the problem you are having? If the problem you are having is on a shut down or power off then please provide this information:

- Computer model and BIOS version

- SSD model and capacity

- Windows version

We may need to start a new thread.

Thanks.